Thursday, August 25, 2005

Hurricane Katrina and selfish people

She's only a category 1. Rain, a bit of wind. Heard my first transformer blow up a few minutes ago, someone will be without power until after the storm passes. So far it's a quiet night.

So much tv coverage of the storm that we got no national news. It would be nice to know what is going on in the rest of the world, but we are so centered on us - on our immediate area that we( or tv producers) can't imagine that no one else is as interested in our plight.

It's just a symptom of humanity that we acquire at birth and never outgrow I guess. Me, me, me. I am the only important thing. It develops during the toddler years and apparently thought not constant, it lies dormant in out system until we feel the need to flash our selfishness.

Me, me, me.
Don't raise MY taxes, raise his.
Me, me, me.
Don't build that trash collection site near MY house, use someone else's back yard.
Me, me, me.
Don't sacrifice My child for an oil war, send someone else's.

Me? I'd rather watch the news to see what is someone else is experiencing and to share it, even if only as an observer. Maybe that way I could learn something and share my knowledge with someone else.

Comments:
Me me me! I wish I bought scotch. Me me me! At least I got power. Wow, this was the first time I have been through the eye of a hurricane. Strong winds, but I have been through worse on the outskirts of Andrew.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?