Saturday, October 08, 2005

Life is too short

Yeah, they tell us that all the time, but you don't really understand it until you reach your 40's and 50's.

There are still 7 days a week, and they still have 24 hours in them, but now that I am past 50 I can't seem to get everything done that I used to do in that same amount of time. It's a if the measurement of time is shortened though the name for it remains the same.

When I was in pre school a day seemed endless. A week was a very long time, and a month was nearly an eternity. Years were like eons because the gap between being 5 and being 6 was measured in some kind of impossible standard. In my teens at age 14 a guy who was 16 or 17 was sooooooo much older. Now I almost consider anyone between the ages of 40 and 65 "my age", or at least in my generation.

Why? Why with all the labor saving devices we now have so I still not have "enough time"? Why, when it takes no time to do laundry compared to my grandmother's day, do I still have no time to finish it all before the cycle starts again? Why, when I have a microwave to cook foods do I still think it takes forever to cook or that I have no time to prepare meals? Why is there so much to read an no time to read it? Can anyone give me a logic explaination?

Did any physicists figure out the law of time shrinkage? If not then someone should. NOW. Before time runs out.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?