Saturday, October 08, 2005

Who are you?

I think I finally figured it out.

The blog generation rarely identifies themselves with real names. The authors of so many blogs just make up cute sounding ones, or ones that they think will impress readers with their cleaverness and instill a sense of personality into the words they use to identify themselves.

Well, I don't buy it.

I think that people who are afraid to sign their names are cowards. I think they want you to know their opinion but are afraid to take any responsibility for it. I think they want to tell you what they really think, but are afraid to leave an identity behind because you might misunderstand and or heaven forbid, challange the comment. Then they might have to admit they are wrong.

I think if you are man(or woman) enough to take a stand and make your opinion known then you should have the courage to stand by the words you've written.

If you can't be true to yourself, to who you really are, why should anyone believe that what you say has any validity?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?