Sunday, September 10, 2006

Sunday before the 5th anniversary

Aren't you tired yet?

I am.

Why pick at a scab and make a wound deeper leaving a bigger scar?

Let those who died be mourned in peace and not brought out annually to be prodded and paraded in front of the American public by politicians and media alike.

The attack happened. I know that. I have known it since it did happen. I will always remember where I was when I heard the news, like I do when I heard that JFK was killed or when the Challanger spacecraft exploded. For days I watched the film of the plane hitting the 2nd tower. I watched the Towers fall. I watched the horror, the shock, the disbelief.

And now? And now I ask why not move on?

Pray for the dead. Pray for the living who mourn the dead. Pray for our country that it is never attacked again. But then let it go.

No more picking at the scab and making it bleed again.

Let them rest in peace.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?