Sunday, June 03, 2007

immigration

The Miami Herald has been running a series of articles on the new immigration reform.

Had the new proposed laws been in effect when my grandparent immigrated to the US I would not be here. The new system is based on points. The more education and money you have the more points you have.

My Polish ancestors were poor and uneducated. They would not qualify to make the 55 points (or more) needed to obtain a legal visa.

I suspect if most of the people pushing for reform were to apply the new points system to thier own family background they would find the same thing.

The more I read about the law and the reforms the more racist it appears.

No wonder the poor nations hate us. We claim to be the land of opportunity and welcome everyone, yet when push comes to shove we only welcome those who have money.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?