Friday, January 25, 2008

None of your damn business

I am starting to answer my phone this way.

Why? Because most calls I get in the evening anymore are not from friends or family, but from political pollsters asking me questions about the upcoming primary election.

I used to answer truthfully, until I realized that the questions are squewed to get the answers the pollsters want, not your actual opinion. Then I started to lie, much more fun.

But then I realized that we live in a country with a "secret" ballot.

What part of "secret" don't pollsters understand?

So now I don't lie.

I simply say, in a loud voice, "It's none of your damned business what I think." Then hang up.

I think we should make that a motto henceforth in every election year.

It's no ones business what I think or for whom I cast my vote...it's a private matter between me and me.

Maybe if pollsters stop second guessing us all before we even pull a lever, or put pen to paper to mark our choices we might actually have a fair election where every vote is counted and every voice is heard. That's what democracy is all about, isn't it?

One can only hope.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?