Wednesday, February 04, 2015

Measles

Ok, when I was young I had measles twice.  The regular kind and the German measles. Don't know the difference, but apparently there was one.

I had measles and the most I remember is being in bed and having a pair of pajamas that looked like long johns, with a "trap door" in the back.  It didn't bother me much.  But my sister on the other hand, had a typical measles.  She didn't have many "spots" but she did have some "complications".  Some childhood diseases we thought were so benign were not.

Yeah measles comes with complications.  My sister, now in her 60's has a slight hearing loss in one ear.    Still to this day.

So, for all of those ill informed parents who think that not vaccinating their children against this preventable disease I just want to prepare you for the probability that something could go wrong.  Very wrong.  So, are you prepared to have your child suffer the consequences - lifelong consequences - of your decision to NOT protect your child (and the public who comes in touch with your child).

Are you prepared to cause other children to suffer?

Probably not.

So, have your child vaccinated.  If not for your child's sake, then for the sake of others.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?