Thursday, July 28, 2016

a thank you note

I went to the hairdresser today for a hair cut.  When I came out I found a note on the windshield of my car.  It read:" Thank you for your service to our country."

Why on my car?  My husband's name is on the title to the vehicle and as such it entitles him to get "disabled veteran" tags.  Why? He has a 100% service related disability as a result of his time in Viet Nam.

So I took the note, folded it and when I got home I put it in the dining room, on the table where he could see it.  When he did he asked me about it and I told him that it was left on my windshield.  He smiled and said "that was a very nice thing."

After years of being not recognized or appreciated for his service he was at last thanked.

Whoever left that note today made his day.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?